Chris Knipp Writing: Movies, Politics, Art

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:26 pm 
Site Admin

KARIM MOUSSAOUI: UNTIL THE BIRDS RETURN/EN ATTENDANT LES HIRONDELLES (2017) - among many films now available in digital and on demand from 1091 Media Film Room

A STILL FROM UNTIL THE BIRDS RETURN

This and other films now in digital and on demand from 1091 Media Front Room

I reviewed this three-part Algerian film, which has a European quality, as part of my 2018 New Directors/New Films coverage. I found it particularly interesting for its interplay of outside and local cultural influences and its picture of Algeria, which we don't glimpse that often onscreen. It's a subtle and complex film and two years later it looks even better. It is now coming out April 28th in digital and on demand via 1091 MEDIA FILM ROOM. As you'll see on their website, other current offerings include WHAT YOU GONNA DO WHEN THE WORLD'S ON FIRE, HIMALAYAN ICE, and the doc about Yves Saint Laurant's last season, CELEBRATION, which I have viewed, and liked; I've reviewed the first two here. Other films offered include LINDA RONSTADT: THE SOUND OF MY VOICE; LEAVING HOME, COMING HOME: A PORTRAIT OF ROBERT FRANK; BIRDS OF PASSAGE, which I've also reviewed - and lots more, including films from the Sundance and Tribeca film festivals.

LINDA RONSTADT

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]